Thursday, August 14, 2008

Blog 012 "Elbow myths"

FUN FACT: "Armadillo"

Well, I have some 'news' I have a new movie in my top ten and a new movie in my bottom ten. Which you want first? I'm gonna go ahead and go with my new #9 0n the TOP ten. The film is foreign, and has subtitles, its about and insanley beautiful girl with hair dyed red, scenes of it are animated, can you guess? "Run Lola Run" is the english translation of the title. Its just a creative movie thats drenched in originality and brilliance. Like a Tarrentino if switched off from harsh realism and bitter truths and then fantasy situations, unlike a Tarrentino, this film takes place in a universe where love exsists and not everyone gets shot. "Run Lola Run" also includes amazing camera work, fantastic animation sequences, and lastly a fitting upbeat soundtrack as strange of film. After seeing Run Lola Run I was in a movie mood and decided to head to the theatre with a friend and catch TROPIC THUNDER, the worst movie of 2008. Tropic Thunder is everything evil in the world. Every joke wasnt funny because it was taken either too long, too far, or wasnt even far enough in the first place. It made fun of homosexuality, had a zillion poop jokes that where weven more repiticious and annoying than something you'd find on Nickelodian (or however you spell that), it was racially insensitive, its gore sequences where just awful. I hated this film and left the theatre an hour early, if Robert Downey Jr. wasnt in the film I would have lasted 3 minutes into the film. If I ever see Stiller on the street I am going to kick him down and steal his wallet. School starts in a week. kill me